Friday, December 22, 2023

Hallelujah, Jesus!

 Friday, December 22, 2023 (5:56 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy, Loving God,


Thank You. There is coughing. Sore throats. Sneezing. Runny noses. Nausea. Vomiting. A positive Covid test. Travel arrangements and altered holiday plans. Rain. So much is taking our attention.


And yet? I heard myself say out loud, “Hallelujah, Jesus!” Yes! Hallelujah, Jesus.


(6:26 a.m.)


The smile on my face intensifies as it burrows more deeply into my soul.


Father God, I confess my resistance to this particular holiday season. Not only have I been refusing the traditional trappings, I’ve intentionally walled myself off from actively participating in life outside our home.


Once illnesses appeared, my focus changed to staying well. Celebrating Your Son’s birth fell completely off my list of importances. Ouch! How harsh is that?


Forgive me Father. I’ve hit a wall of non participation. The degree of bitter Grinchiness underlying my approach to this Advent season has been nearly overwhelming. You can change that. In, with, by, through and for me.


Those simple, yet heartfelt, two words [Hallelujah, Jesus!] are changing my whole attitude. Yes. Father. It’s YOU I want to glorify. You I long to enJOY.


Still smiling I turn to Psalm 135. Verse one. “Hallelujah! Praise the name of the LORD! Give praise, You servants of the LORD” (International Standard Version). Praising God for His Graciousness


Father, I want to praise You. Sincerely. Faithfully. Wholeheartedly. Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us that Psalm 135 shows Your greatness and superiority to all idols.


The Life Recovery Bible comment for this chapter tells us that knowing You have chosen us as Your own can give us the confidence to call on You when we’re in trouble. Father God, my whole soul is troubled by my thoughts and attitude.


And again, I have those two words changing everything for me. “Hallelujah, Jesus!” Thank You God.


The comment continues telling of the evidence shown throughout the Old Testament of Your work in saving Your people. “Because God is all-powerful and ‘does whatever pleases Him’ throughout the earth, He can help us when we call on Him. In His greatness, no problem is too great for Him to solve.”


Thank You Father.


My refusing, resistant spirit is the problem I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to solve. I love, need, trust and want to glorify You Lord. Do all You know is necessary in changing what needs to be changed in me.


You are good. Great. Gracious. Glorious (Psalm 145:5-8). And I want to represent You well.


Whatever You know is best. Thy will be done. All the pithy sayings I can think of. Lead me. Guide me. Keep me praising and thanking You. Hallelujah, Jesus! Amen.

(452 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment