Wednesday, November 1, 2023

"... with God"

 Wednesday, November 1, 2023 (6:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


It seems like “one of those days” Lord. Lead me and guide me I ask (Matthew 7:7).

(6:33 a.m.)

And here’s the smile!


Thank You God! Contentment. All at once.


First the realization. Then the time stamp. Followed by the sky out front. Thank and praise You Lord.


I confess to feeling moody. Lingering concerns for loved ones. Unease over the state of Your world. So many distressing considerations.


Turning to Your Word instead, I am reminded. Repeatedly. “Do not be afraid!”


And just as the smile hits, noting the time starts me singing. ♪Seek Ye First the kingdom of God And His righteousness;♪


Oh! And it just keeps getting better!


The color in the sky intensifies. And the song continues.


♪And all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). Hallelu, Hallelujah!


♪Ask, and it shall be given unto you; Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you (Matthew 7:7). Hallelu, Hallelujah!


♪Man shall not live by bread alone, But by every word [HUGE smile!] That proceeds out from the mouth of God (Deuteronomy 8:3, Matthew 4:4). Hallelu, Hallelujah!♪


Thank You for the times I remember to add “… with God” to subjects I search. That’s where the real digging begins.


Old Testament promises. New Testament reminders. Your Truth leading and guiding the way.

(7:33 a.m.)


Still reading of and marveling at Your perfect, tender care I am grateful Father. So incredibly thankful to have Your Word.


Blessed Lord God we, Your people, are in desperate need of You. Let us learn from the example set by Timothy and the apostle Paul. They ‘stopped relying on themselves and learned to rely only on God’ (2 Corinthians 1:9b).


Father, teach us to truly check ourselves. Before we wreck ourselves.


With You! Adding those last two words in the search brought me to Ephesians 4:22-24. And another smile.


Yes Lord! Continue teaching me to ‘throw off my old sinful nature and former way of life… Instead, letting the Spirit renew my thoughts and attitudes. Putting on my new nature, created to be like You - truly righteous and holy’ (vs. 23-24).


Use me today Lord. Exactly as You know is best. Trusting You every step of the way. Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Amen.


(404 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment