Thursday, November 9, 2023

applying the grace of God

 Thursday, November 10, 2023 (6:00 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! It’s WINDY outside. Absolutely NOT my favorite. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of focusing on the best, not the worst. The good, instead of the bad. The things that fill my soul rather than drain it (Philippians 4:8).


You! Yes. You Lord have been behind every single driving force of my life. Long before I was ever born, “You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb” (Psalm 139:15).


Today I’ll be stepping outside [both literally and figuratively!] my comfort zone. Driving a familiar route instead of navigating it. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to bless and protect us all on this endeavor.


Thank You for the opportunity of bringing all of my fear and trepidation before You. Thank You that even in this You absolutely blow my mind!


Knowing that the thoughts of my heart, soul and mind cannot possibly be expressed in my own words I look again to You Dear Lord. Truly planning to compare the Truth of Your Word (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) with the song of my earliest waking. ♪Love Changes Everything♪


Here I am reading in Titus instead. A letter from the apostle Paul. “To encourage Titus to be faithful in applying the grace of God to various circumstances” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).


Father God, how in this world do I ever thank You enough for leading me away from the hurts and fears that so incessantly present themselves to me? Thank You for calling me to Your way. Away from mine.


Searching “look for the best not the worst biblical” I find “Assume the Best of Others - Desiring God”. Thank You God. The smile on my face broadens. The comfort to my being expands with every breath.


This is You! Talking to me. And I’m eager [AGOG!] to listen! Praise You Lord.


Directed over to Titus 3:3, I begin here with verse 2. “They [the believers] must not slander [speak ill of] anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show humility [♪Always stay Humble and Kind♪] to everyone.


Lord God, You are so very good. Gracious. Glorious. Great (Psalm 145:5-8). Thank You for every single thing You use to put my focus on the Truth and promises of Your Word.


Titus 3:3. “Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other.”


Thank You for bringing me to this section Dearest Father. You do indeed know best!


BUT - ‘When God our Savior revealed His kindness and love, He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of His grace He declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherent eternal life.’ This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone” (vs. 4-8).


And as if this weren’t enough on its own, I get to read a comment about these verses as well.


3:4-8 Notice the terms that describe God’s grace: ‘kindness and love’ (3:4) and ‘mercy’ (3:5). We are justified [pardoned] by God’s grace, declared ‘righteous’ [honorable, excellent] in God’s eyes by virtue of belonging to Christ. This takes us off the performance treadmill, relieving us of the need to measure up to God’s standards. Some of have spent our life trying to measure up. We bear the guilt of failing to fulfill the unrealistic ideals of parents, teachers, or bosses. The resulting anger and pain have helped to drive our addiction. But God accepts us just as we are. He doesn’t expect us to be perfect; He knows we cannot do it alone. When He calls us to holy living, He also provides the power and direction we need to build a new life.”


Amen Blessed God! YOU do this in, with, by, through and for us. It’s YOUR work, not ours! Your mercy. Your grace. And we are to apply it often throughout each and every single day of our lives.


Thank You Father for loving us far greater and better than any human ever could. Thank You for providing all we need. Long before we even think to ask.


Your love truly DOES change everything! Empower me in using it well. I love, need, trust and want You. Do all You must in using me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(830 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment