Friday, November 24, 2023

a truly great day

 Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 23, 2023 (6:46 a.m.)

Holy, Blessed God,


THANK YOU!


The color in the sky started me singing. Without thought, the song just began. ♪It’s A Great Day to Be Alive♪

(7:45 a.m.)

It IS Dear Lord! A truly great day.


I have no idea what it holds. And I have every confidence that You hold it. 


There is peace in my soul. Questionable thoughts about this, that and something else. Yet the song continues singing. ♪… I know the sun’s still shining When I close my eyes♪


Father, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to use us this day [which You have indeed made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Truly rejoicing and being glad (v.24b).


You have provided us every single blessing. Teach us to share as You would have us share. Freely! Wholeheartedly. Extravagantly.


And here I get to read further in Your Word. 2 Corinthians 9:6-15. Generosity. Cheerful giving. Joyful thanks. Overflowing grace.


Thank You Father. It truly IS ♪a great day to be alive♪ Teach me to use it well.


Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Amen.


(194 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment