Wednesday, November 8, 2023

unexpected blessings

 Wednesday, November 8, 2023 (6:53 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. And thank You. And thank You.


I started thanking You for unexpected blessings yesterday. Out of seemingly nowhere You blessed me wildly. Beyond anything I could ever imagine.


An internet search of my dad’s nickname yielded a 35 year old newspaper article. Complete with photos and an interview.


Lord God, You blessed me with information and stories I had never heard before. Mentions of grandparents I never really knew. Thank You God. What a completely unexpected blessing.

(7:35 a.m.)

Oh! And then…


An absolutely unexpected phone call from a lifelong friend. Laced with laughter. And reminders of Your leading.


Blessed Father, I ask You to use me. Exactly as You know is best. Sharing Your Truth. Freely. Genuinely. Earnestly.


That one word takes me straight to Revelation 3:19. Yet another unexpected blessing! Jesus speaking to us through the apostle John.


And right here? Still another blessing!


Wondering about why John would refer to himself as “the disciple Jesus loved” (John 13:23; 19:26; 20:2; 21:7, and 21:20) I’m directed to articles referencing the importance of Biblical nicknames. Again I find myself smiling and thinking about my own dad’s.


Thank You so much Father. You are truly so good to us.


Back to Revelation 3:19. First in Common English Bible. “I correct and discipline those whom I love. So be earnest and change your hearts and lives.”


You’ve been doing this with me Lord. Please continue.


From The Message it’s even more plain. “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”


Earnestly! Yes!!


Continue fining and refining us Lord. Using us as only You know is best. Thank You for loving and changing us. We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(327 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment