Monday, November 20, 2023

joy and peace

 Monday, November 20, 2023 (5:12 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You for fun. And joy. Laughter. Your love. That changes everything.


Thank You Father for lining us up with what matters most. Your love. Your guidance. Your care. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Thank You for the desire, opportunity and privilege of searching Your Word. Wanting to learn more. Beginning with fun. All the way through joy, laughter and Your love.


Thank You for the songs that begin singing as I read Your Word. The smiles that continue coming to my face and heart. Your Truth that shines through any degree 

(5:47 a.m.)

…of darkness.


Thank You for the ways just one word opens up to so many more. Considering darkness, I looked to the eastern sky. Struck by such beauty I went out to better see another dawn of Your creation. Thank You Father.


Awe. Wonder. Joy. Peace. It’s all here. In Your Word. In all You have made. Thank You Lord.


Use me as You know is best. Delighting in the simplest things.


Illustrated Bible Handbook teaches that in Psalm 16 David wrote of his personal satisfaction with his relationship with You. He recognized You as the source of all good (1-4). The One who assigns our place in life (5-6). Guiding us by Your presence (7-8).


The joy and peace I experience by following Your lead is completely unexpected Lord. Truly. I was thinking fun. Laughter. And You took me so much deeper.


Psalm 16:11, “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever.”


A comment for verses 7-11 in The Life Recovery Bible tells us that by seeking through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with You, “we will find in Your Word not only peace of mind and heart but also good counsel that will keep us from falling into sin.”


Thank You for Your availability to us dear Lord. “Knowing that God is with us and that He will never abandon us should be a constant source of joy and peace.” YES!


“An important principle of recovery is realizing that God is with us - here and now - and that He promises to be with us through all eternity.” Thank You. Thank You God.


Keep reminding us as You know is necessary. I want You to be praised Dear Lord.


Proverbs 17:22. “A happy [joyful, cheerful] heart is like good medicine. But a broken spirit [depression, sorrowful mind] drains your strength.” Continue teaching us Dearest God.


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Work in, with, by, through and for me as You must. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(464 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment