Friday, November 17, 2023

bless and keep

 Friday, November 17, 2023 (5:25 a.m.)

Thank You Father,


You bless and keep us. In so many ways.


Thank You for the emphasis You place on our need to choose our words carefully. Lord God, I want to use words that build up, not tear down.


Oh, most dear and blessed God. You truly are so good. Great. Glorious. Gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). And we are created in Your image (Genesis 1:26).


Align me with Your will and Your way Dear Lord. Choosing and using my words carefully.


“A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart” (Luke 6:45).


Thank You Dear Lord, for having worked so hard in changing my heart these many years. “Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it” (Psalm 139:14). Oh, yes! How well I know it!


Being able to come before You with my heart and thoughts opened wide to You is another way You bless and keep us. Thank You Father. I want to honor You by obeying Your Word.


“Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them” (Ephesians 4:29). Yes please, God.


Bless and keep us Lord. Through Your loving care. In our thoughts. Our words. And our actions. We want to glorify You in, with, by and through the choices we make. And the words we choose.


Do all You must in using us as You alone know is best. We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(300 words ~ 7:09 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment