Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Thinking and thanking

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (6:22 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thinking. Thanking. Wondering. Mind wandering. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead and guide my thinking and thanking.


I confess distraction to You right now. Oh. It just took a darker turn.


Father. Thank You that I also get to confess… dissatisfaction. Fear.


Oh Lord God. I didn’t see this coming. Thank You that I even get to come to You with this.


Being so bold as to search “dissatisfaction with God” I truly rejoice in realizing I am not alone. Even in this. Thank You Lord.


Reading about feeling hopeless. Discouraged. And defeated. I am so grateful to be able to be this honest with You God.


“The word discouragement comes from the root word courage. The prefix dis- means ‘the opposite of.’” Thank You Father that I get to recognize myself in the writings of others [5 Things to Remember When You’re Discouraged].


Thank You that we have Your Word. Complete with stories of others who were discouraged. Thank You that in being honest with You I read, ‘There is nothing wrong with me, I do not lack faith, and You are not disappointed.’


What a relief! I don’t have to feel ashamed. Embarrassed. Unholy.


Reading further, I find a new to me term. Biblical discouragement. “A sense of unhappiness arising from a loss of confidence in one’s own abilities, in the reliability of God or in the power of the gospel.”


Thank You Lord. While You repeatedly call us to “Rejoice and be glad” You allow for our inevitable discouragement.


Right here I am reminded that I want to trust You. I want to “fear not. Do not be afraid.” To sing. Smile. Stand firm and stay my mind on the Truth and promises of Your Word.


It’s YOU I want occupying my thoughts and thanks. And with this my thinking and thanking take an abrupt turn!


Remembering the Truth and power found in Your Word, I turn to Philippians 4:13. “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”


In that very same breath I start singing. ♪Ah Lord God… Nothing is Too Difficult For Thee! Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing, Nothing is too difficult for Thee!♪


Following this Truth into Your Word I’m reading Jeremiah’s Prayer (Jeremiah 32:17-25). Again placing my hope in You. Thank You God!


Reading a Sunday school blog, I am also directed to Psalm 147:5. Reminded of Your absolute power, I truly give You thanks.


Thank You God for bringing my thinking and thanking back to Your Truth and promises. I want to trust in You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength so I will love as You have called me to love. You. Others. And myself (Mark 12:30-31).


Do all You must in using me as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(491 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment