Wednesday, November 15, 2023

counting kindnesses

 Tuesday, November 14, 2023 (5:07 a.m.)


Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness.


There it is. The word of or for this week.


Interesting [or is it sad?] that we need a week to remind us to be kind. How hard is it to think and do more for another than for ourselves?


Blessed, Holy Father God, thank You for the opportunity to put the focus on counting kindnesses. Those done on our behalves. As well as the ones we do for others.

(5:48 a.m.)


Reading. Thinking. Searching. Wondering. What about actually doing? There’s a thought.


Turning again to Your Word. And the smile is almost a laugh! Thank You God.


Heading for Galatians 5:22-23. Stopping at Living by the Spirit’s Power Verse 16.


“So I [the apostle Paul] say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.” Amen!


Loving Lord, how truly I thank You for loving each of us so much that You would send Your Son to die on our behalves (John 3:16). I read Your Truth and I want to practice it more.


Thank You that every time I start to think it’s up to me to try and be and do enough, Your Word corrects me. Here again, Paul speaks loudly to my being.


“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).


Beginning this time with You by thinking of Your kindnesses, I am stopped dead in my tracks. Reminded of the freedom we are offered by choosing Your will and Your way I am again grateful.


Father, thank You for the relief we receive by recognizing the power of Your Holy Spirit. Yes! Thank You for providing all we need to live as You would have us.


Invited to depend on You rather than ourselves. Trusting You to do all in, with, by, through and for us that we could never accomplish on our own. These are kindnesses I can’t even begin to number.


The Life Recovery Bible comment referring to the fruit of Your Spirit speaks deep to my soul. “5:22-24 …qualities …produced by the Holy Spirit’s work in a life submitted to God…by means of God’s power alone. Our part is to entrust our life to Him. When the Holy Spirit begins to bear these fruits in our life, our dependency loses its power.”


Lord! Thank You for Your Truth. And Your promises!


“With joy and peace we overcome the pain of our broken past. With love, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and gentleness we restore our relationships and make amends.”


I want to count YOUR kindnesses Dear Lord. Beginning with the changes You have made deep in my soul.


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for Who and ALL You are. Use me as You know is best. Praise You. Amen.

(518 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment