Wednesday, November 22, 2023

unexpectedness

 Wednesday, November 22, 2023 (6:01 a.m.)

Thank You, God.


Yes! Thank You, God.


I said it a lot yesterday. Sometimes meaning it more than others.


Thank You for the smile I’m experiencing as I recall the unexpectedness of it all.


(6:29 a.m.)


Look at this! While searching unexpectedness with You, I get to read of “God-designed moments.” Thank You Father for the ways You encourage us to “reframe” our circumstances.


Wanting more than anything to continue cursing my situation at the time, thank You for reminding me to thank and praise You instead. I’m not even sure how long it took before I actually started believing all I was purposely saying out loud.


Thank You for teaching us to continue looking to and for You in all of our unexpectedness. Going so far as to remind us of the importance of expecting the unexpected.


The smile keeps getting bigger. “Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9.


Finding unexpectedness also listed as “God-surprises” I notice myself settling in to again letting You be God. And remembering that I just need to be me. Thank You Father.


Unplanned moments. Greatest opportunities?!


And now this. From Life Bible Fellowship Church. “He [You!] replaces my human plans (which are temporary) with His (which are eternal).” Oh most dear and blessed God. How very much better are Your plans than ours.


Thank You for letting us choose, Lord. Surrender to Your will? Or continue with our own. Lean in and embrace all You are doing? Or turn away and miss out. You allow the choice.


You can change our hearts from frustrated to delighted. I saw You do this in me yesterday as one snafu led straight into another. Thank You for continuing to teach us the importance of saying “Yes!” to You.


Blessed God, You want us to trust You. In all things. At all times. Especially when our plans unexpectedly go awry.


Another smile. A bit of a laugh. And an ask. Use me today. As YOU know is best. Lead. Guide. Empower and direct me in all You have planned. Line my will up with Yours.


I love, need, trust and want You Lord. Keep reminding me as You know is necessary. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(391 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment