Friday, July 7, 2023

then came laughter

 Friday, July 7, 2023 (5:41 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.


I said it so many times yesterday. With every victory. And challenge.


Yes Father. Mistakes were made. Many of them. And with some came laughter.


Thank You Lord for every single time I chose laughter over cursing. It didn’t come automatically. I confess to using words in private I wouldn’t want others to hear. Forgive me.


I’m smiling at the memory. And the experiences. First I encountered frustration. Then came laughter. Thank You Lord. Thank You for teaching me to laugh. At circumstances. And myself.


Looking to Your Word I find myself again reading Psalm 100

(6:45 a.m.)


Oh most dear and blessed God, how truly grateful I am to You. We get to come to You ♪with thanksgiving in our hearts!♪ and ♪enter Your courts with praise♪ We are reminded to ♪say this is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice for He Has Made Me Glad


You have Dear Lord. You truly have made me glad! Thank You so very much for reminding me of the importance of laughter. Good hearted, deep laughter. Especially when it relates to my own missteps.


The Message (Psalm 100:1-2) says, “On your feet now - applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence.” Yes! This is how I want to approach You.


“Know this: GOD is God, and God, GOD. He made us; we didn’t make Him. We’re His people, His well-tended sheep” (v. 3). YES!


“Enter with the password: ‘Thank You!’ Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him” (4). Indeed.


“For GOD is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever” (5). Thank You that You are Dear Lord.


The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for this Psalm begins, “We always have reasons to rejoice:”. Thank You that we do Dearest Dad. You are teaching. And I am learning. Thank You for Your patience with me.


Do all You must that I come to You with laughter. Praise. Thanksgiving. Joy. Delight. I love You. I need, trust and want You. Use me to Your good. And for Your glory. Laughing joyfully as I go. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(379 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment