Saturday, July 29, 2023

different and delightful

 Saturday, July 29, 2023 (5:40 a.m.)

Lord,


Thank You that You are “good, a strong refuge when trouble comes… close to those who trust in” You (Nahum 1:7). Mm. Yes. Thank You.

(6:23 a.m.)


I like the way You work Dearest God. Introducing Yourself to us in so many different and delightful ways.


I originally came here this morning considering Your attributes. Wondering how extensive the list might be. I believe there truly is no end to Your goodness. Your grace. Your glory. Your grandeur.


Having my Bible fall open to the introduction page of Nahum was unusual for me. Taking the time to go outside to witness various colors and shapes in the north eastern sky was a genuine delight.


My thoughts this morning are anything but cohesive. Darting all over the place. Flitting quickly from one to another.


♪Jesus Take the Wheel♪ just started singing itself to me. Almost immediately I remembered my plan to find and reread “A Tandem Bike Ride With God (Pedal!).” Thank You Father.


Easy finds to both the song and the story about trusting You I am grateful to always having You here. Near. At the ready. Thank You Lord.


There are so many unknowns for every day. Plans change. Alternatives are anticipated. Thank You that You are constant.


And right here? Another song.


Great Is They Faithfulness, O God my Father; There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not; As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be♪ (Lamentations 3:22-23).


I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to keep my focus on You rather than all the various distractions vying for my attention. I want to see You in the different and delightful things You have for me this day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Rejoicing and being glad (24b).


Yes! I love, need, trust and want You as Lord of each moment. Thank You. Praise You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.

(338 words ~ 7:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment