Thursday, July 20, 2023

hearing and hope

 Thursday, July 20, 2023 (5:09 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. There’s music in my head again. This time it’s the wake up sound of the alarm. Thank You for the opportunity to hear. And hope.

(5:47 a.m.)


Thank You for the privilege of coming before You. Hoping to hear You through Your Word.


This morning It’s Philippians 3:1. The smile on my face widens as I read various translations of this verse. An overall sense of peace deepens within my very soul. Thank You God.


Mm. The more I read, the deeper the peace. The wider the smile.


Words of rejoicing. Being happy. Glad. Delighted. And safe. All in this one verse. Titled, The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ in the New Living Translation. And To Know Him Personally in The Message.


Thank You for Your Truth Dearest God. Presented in so many different ways.


Thank You that as I consider the value of knowing You, another song begins. And it fits perfectly.


♪To know, know, know Him is to love, love, love Him Just to see Him smile, makes my life worthwhile To know, know, know Him is to love, love, love Him And I do (and I do, and I…)♪


Thank You that I truly do Dear Lord. Thank You for the honor of ♪be[ing] good to and bring[ing] love to You♪ To the point of ♪Everyone says there’ll come a day when I’ll walk alongside of Him♪ I believe this to be true Blessed God. It is my sincerest hope.


Speaking of hope, back to Paul’s letter to the Philippian believers. “And that’s about it, friends. Be glad in God! I don’t mind repeating what I have written in earlier letters, and I hope you don’t mind hearing it again. Better safe that sorry - so here goes” (Philippians 3:1 The Message).


Be glad. Rejoice. Delight. Be filled with joy. Be joyful. Be happy. Celebrate. Put your trust in the Lord.

(11:27 a.m.)

Yes! Put our trust in You. Our Lord. And Savior.


Thank You Jesus. Thank You Father. Thank You Holy Spirit. Comforter. Advocate (John 14:26). Spirit of Truth [see also: Encourager, or Counselor (John 15:26)]. Helper, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby (John 16:7).


Thank You that Your ways are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:9). Thank You that when circumstances are far beyond our understanding, we can always trust You to be in control.


Yes! We get to “trust in the LORD with all (y)our heart” (Proverbs 3:5a). Leaning not on our own understanding (5b). In all our ways acknowledging You (6a). Depending on You to direct our path (6b).


Mm, yes Dearest God. Coming all the way back to hearing and hoping. And Philippians 3:1c.


Paul’s words are a great safeguard to our souls. Necessary. A sure thing. For our safety. A protection. For our own good. Safe. To help keep us on track. Prepared. To help us be more ready. Good for us to hear again and again. Reassuring. Better safe than sorry. A safe path to follow. Good for us. A source of steadfastness. Certain.


Blessed Holy God, thank you for the many ways and words You use to get our attention where it needs to be. On You!


Thank You Father. I love You. I need, trust and want You. Use me as You know is best. Praise You. Amen.

(576 words ~ 12:39 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment