Tuesday, July 18, 2023

letting, not getting

 Tuesday, July 18, 2023 (6:17 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You again for Your mercy. Your grace. Your kindness. Your goodness.


There’s a song humming itself inside me. Not enough to let me know what it is. I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to let me know what it is. Or to empower me in letting it go. It’s already been several hours now.


Mm. Let. Allow. Empower. Enable. Permit.


Just the other day I became keenly aware of the subtle difference between letting someone do something and getting them to do it. The first being more passive. The second is quite intentional. Active. Even contrived.


Father, thank You for instilling in us the desire to come to You. Allowing. Not forcing. Letting, not getting.


Work in, and with and by and through and for me this day [which You have made (Psalm118:24a)] that I will truly come to You. Rejoicing and being glad (24b).


(7:12 a.m.)


Letting go of the search for the song, I’m turning instead to Your Word. Thank You God.


Thank You for encouraging us to come to You. Reading Jesus’ response to Martha’s request for help from her sister Mary (Luke 10:40) I find myself smiling.


Verse 41 and 42. “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all the details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”


Lord, I want to let You work with me. Not get You to. Do all You must that I will truly come to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And my neighbor as myself (31).


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(293 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment