Sunday, July 2, 2023

Praying. And singing.

 Sunday, July 2, 2023 (7:02 a.m.)

Blessed, Beloved Holy God,


Thank You! I woke up at 4:12. Praying. And singing. Thank You that a genuine peace took over. As did more sleep.


Thank You that while I didn’t even know what words to pray, my heart settled. You do that for us God.


Upon awakening this last time it became clear to me. Words from what has become known as the original Serenity Prayer immediately came to mind.


Whether first penned by Reinhold Niebuhr or Winnifred Crane Wygal, Father I am asking (Matthew 7:7) its Truth and essence upon loved ones. Grace. Acceptance. Serenity. Courage. And wisdom.


And in this vein I turn to Romans 8:26-28. Interestingly enough in the New Living Translation this section begins with “And…” I’ve been learning when this is the case to look at the verses that come before it.


The smile on my face is huge! Verse before verse use words like “But. Therefore. Yet. So. Because. Well then. Since. Yes. Clearly…”


Father, thank You. There is no end to the chain of events that can take us more deeply into Your Word. The Holy Spirit’s leading “helps us in our weakness” (v.26). Thank You.


Thank You too for changing the song with which I awoke. No longer remembering the first one. Strains of John Lennon’s song of apology to his wife continues within. I offer it to You Lord.


For my purposes here I’m changing the word ♪Woman♪ to Father. ♪I can hardly express My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness After all, I’m forever in Your debt And Father I will try to express My inner feeling and thankfulness… So let me tell You again and again and again I love You, yeah yeah Now and forever♪


I do Father! Love You. Now and forever.


Use me this day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)] to Your good and for Your glory. Rejoicing and being glad (24b). Praying. And singing.


Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Amen.


(345 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment