Thursday, July 13, 2023

Mary's poetry

Thursday, July 13, 2023 (5:44 a.m.)

Awesome God,


I’m looking to You. Inviting You in to both my internal and external conditions of disarray. Hmm, yes.

(5:50 a.m.)


And just like that [snap!] I am absolutely thanking and praising You. Referred to Luke 1:51 (The Voice).

(6:52 a.m.)


Reading a section before verse 46 in The Voice and the next thing I knew, I was up. Straightening. A load of laundry started. Week old clean shirts finally folded and put away. Bed made. Order coming back to our home.


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


“Mary is deeply moved by these amazing encounters - first with the messenger [the angel Gabriel, sent by God] and then with her cousin, Elizabeth. Mary’s response can’t be contained in normal prose; her noble soul overflows in poetry. And this poetry isn’t simply religious; it has powerful social and political overtones…”


I’ve known her response to be called The Magnificat. Even her “song of praise.” This is my first time seeing it as her poetry. Thank You, thank You God for her trust in You!


Beginning with verse 46. “My soul lifts up the Lord! My spirit celebrates God, my Liberator! For though I’m God’s humble servant, God has noticed me. Now and forever, I will be blessed by all generations. For the Mighty One has done great things for me; holy is God’s name! From generation to generation, God’s lovingkindness endures for those who revere Him.”


Blessed God, I want to trust [and LOVE] You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) as Mary did.

(9:29 a.m.)


Hallelujah Blessed Jesus! Taking that one word (disarray) to YOUR Word and I have again been ♪blessed beyond all measure♪ Thank You. Praise You.


Opportunity presented itself moments after reading, “God’s arm has accomplished mighty deeds. The proud in mind and heart, God has sent away in disarray” (Matthew 1:51).


Confessing my untidiness to You and now we have vacuumed and swept floors. The pool is chemically balanced. A huge degree of order has been restored. All because I invited You into my disarray.


Use the rest of this day [which You have made! (Psalm 118:24a)] that I will continue rejoicing and being truly glad in it.


Father I love You so very much. I need, trust and want You in every aspect of my undertakings. Thank You for loving and wanting us as Your children.


The comment for this section [1:51-55] in Luke ends with this valuable Truth, “… it is important to realize that God’s ways are not our ways. Personal fulfillment and genuine recovery do not come through human greatness and success, but through repentance and sincere humility. The most important relationships in life are not with the rich and famous but often with the lowly, the needy, and those in recovery [of which I am one]” (The Life Recovery Bible).


Amen. Amen!


Thank You God.

(497 words ~ 9:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment