Friday, September 30, 2022

"Whatever!"

 Friday, September 30, 2022 (5:39 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! My plan for this morning has already been altered. The moment I heard water running outside. Thank You Lord for hearing.


Yes! Hearing is what first alerted me to the gurgle of the overflowing toilet yesterday. Also to the problem the air conditioning unit was having. Thank You God that I was able to hear these things. And make adjustments.


Thank You too that I want to give thanks rather than grumble and growl about various inconveniences. You provide so many blessings. I’d much rather focus on those.


Work with me again this day in changing my attitude. My first response to interrupted plans is rarely praise! The expletives come far more readily than respectful language.


Here again I look to You. Knowing, trusting, honoring, believing You to be the One who can change my heart, as well as my mouth!


Thank You for the opportunities these past few days of sharing Philippians 4:4-9 with others. Today I ask You to implement the apostle Paul’s teaching Words of Encouragement in, with, by, through and for me.


I need You Dearest Father. I want to “Always be full of joy in the Lord” (v. 4). To ‘let everyone see that I am considerate in all I do’ (5). That could truly be a stretch!


Not worrying about anything; instead, praying about everything Telling You what I need, and thanking You for all You have done (6) is absolutely how I want to approach each day. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm and staying my mind on You and the Truth of Your Word.


Yes Dearest Lord! I want to learn to ‘think about whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, gracious, excellent and worthy of praise’ (New American Bible (Revised Edition).

(7:09 a.m.)

And here I thank You again.


You provided kind words for me to use to ask for the help I needed. You did that God. You changed my heart. My disposition. You took away the meanness. Thank You.


Use me this day Dearest God. Exactly as only You know is best. I want to glorify and enjoy You. Do all You must to this end. I love, need, trust and want You. Praise You. Amen.

(382 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment