Saturday, September 3, 2022

Forefront

 Saturday, September 3, 2022 (5:58 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You. At the forefront. Mm, yes Father. I want You at the forefront of this day. My heart. My life.

(6:32 a.m.)

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You God.


Searching verses that support the importance of putting You first has me smiling. Excited. Agog. Thank You Lord!


Waking before midnight I was singing Your Truth in two very different songs. First up? ♪Out Of My Hands♪ 


Following closely on its heels came ♪Counting Every Blessing♪ Father, thank You for the many ways You bring our minds back to the importance of worshiping You.


Reminded of John Piper’s much repeated quote, again I thank You. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” (Desiring God). Oh, yes! Praise You Lord.


Thank You for every single smile I experience. As I read in and of Your Word. Look out at the clouds. See a heartfelt story of kindness on the news.


Smiles remind me that You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. You. Alone. At the forefront.


Turning to Proverbs, written “to offer God-given wisdom for protection against dysfunctional behaviors and ungodly practices” [The Life Recovery Bible PURPOSE] again I smile. Three verses especially call out.


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take” (Proverbs 3:5-6). You. Forefront!


We have plans today Lord. Opportunities. Social interactions. I give them all to You. In accordance to Proverbs 16:9. “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” Yes please Father.


Jesus taught that we are to build our lives on Solid Rock (Matthew 7:24-27). Continue Your work with us in this area.


The apostle Paul acknowledged The Faith of the Thessalonian Believers in his first letter to them. “We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly. As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thessalonians 1:2-3).


I want my life to exhibit this “faith, hope and love” (1 Corinthians 13:13) Dear Lord. Putting You at the forefront is the way to begin.


In his second letter Paul encouraged the Thessalonian believers to “stand firm and keep a strong grip” on the teachings they had been taught (2 Thessalonians 2:15). Offering this blessing (vs. 16-17) on their behalf, “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.”


I want to glorify and enjoy You forever. Beginning today. Do all You know is best. In. With. By. Through. And for us. We love, need, trust and want You. First. Foremost. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(516 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)



No comments:

Post a Comment