Thursday, September 29, 2022

♪...beyond all measure...♪

 Thursday, September 29, 2022 (5:35 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! I knew the song as soon as it started. A word here [treasure]. A phrase there [beyond all measure]. And finally, the title [Counting Every Blessing].


Mm, yes Father. Thank You for the opportunity. The privilege. The call to “give thanks in all things” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


♪I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing Letting go and trusting when I cannot see I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing Surely every season You are good to me♪


Holy Father God, how truly blessed we are! To be loved by You. Thank You for every single smile that comes my way. Reminding me that You are in charge.


(7:00 a.m.)

How ironic. Or is it just like You?


Oh, no. Ironic is absolutely the word! “happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this”


Yep! Irony [a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result] at its best. Or was it worse?


Here I was thanking You for untold blessings one minute and watching in disbelief as a toilet overflowed the next. Holy God, THANK YOU that in the midst of truly not knowing what to do [and telling You so] all the necessary supplies (a plunger, towels, bucket, mop, washing machine, soap and running water...) were here at my easy disposal.


Thank You for the ability to come to You even with this. Confessing “I don’t know what to do. I really don’t know what to do.” You reminded me to smile. To say, “thank You.” And to do the next thing.


Thank You for all You provide. Use me this day Dearest Lord. ♪… counting every blessing Surely every season You are good to me♪ You are! All the time.


Thank You Father. We truly have ♪been blessed beyond all measure♪ Amen.


(319 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment