Monday, September 19, 2022

carefully chosen words


Dirty Work

We Don’t Talk Anymore

Stuck in the Middle

Saturday, September 10, 2022 (7:06 a.m.)

Verdi, NV

Thank You God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You

(7:36 a.m.)


Able to remember the songs of the night. Consider them. Wondering if there’s Truth from You to me in any of them. And let them go. Guide me in my thinking and singing I ask (Matthew 7:7) Dear Lord.


You did awesome work in us yesterday. Opened badly clogged lines of communication. Allowed nature’s beauty to soothe and calm hurt feelings. Providing time to consider our words carefully.


“Liberty” being one of them. Times two key players!

(9:09 a.m.)


Father, thank You for Your provisions. Necessities like food and shelter. And bonus treats found in the sincere gratitude of one person to another.


Lord, I’m asking (Matthew 7:7 again) that You will continue making me aware of each little treasure You have for us. Especially to be found in our carefully chosen words!


This morning I have the privilege of rereading the apostle Paul’s encouraging words to the churches in southern Galatia. Directed here by the word “liberty” I am excited [agog] by the first verse of chapter five.


“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again by the yoke of bondage” (KJV). And thus begins ♪I don’t wanna do your [satan’s] dirty work no more I’m a fool to do your dirty work♪


As if this were not directive enough, here it is in The Message. “Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on You” (Galatians 5:1). Oh “Amen, Dear Lord!”


As You continue Your work in fining and refining each of us, I ask that You would be so much more easily and visibly seen (Malachi 3:3). Mm, thank You Lord.


Again ♪I don’t wanna do his (satan’s) dirty work no more♪ starts up as I read The Life Recovery Bible’s PURPOSE of the prophet Malachi’s letter “to confront the people [in Judah] about getting back on track after they had relapsed into old patterns of sin.” Oh the more I read, the more familiar it looks.


“Malachi preached to a nation of backsliders - people who had relapsed. Even the spiritual leaders had fallen into old, sinful patterns. As a result, they were suffering the consequences of economic depression, poor crops, and attacks of foreign marauders. Family life had dissolved, and divorce was rampant. The people’s religious lives were cold and empty. Malachi gave a message of hope to a nation that knew repeated failure.” The more things change Dear Lord, the more they stay the same.


Today I look to You Dearest God, asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7 once more) that You would continue Your work in making us a people who “fully esteem and revere You” (Deuteronomy 10:12b). I want to ‘live according to Your will, to love and worship You with all my heart and soul’ (12c).


You are far more than able to empower us in carefully choosing our words. One to another. “Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body” (Proverbs 16:24).


Thank You for all You want us to learn. Make us better students of Your will and Your way. I love, need, trust and want You. Guide. Direct. Enable. Empower us as only You know is best. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(606 words ~ 10:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment