Tuesday, September 20, 2022

learning to listen

 Tuesday, September 20, 2022 (5:34 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


You have us working together as a team. Listening to one another. Learning.


(6:26 a.m.)

Yes Lord. You have us learning to listen. To You. And each other.


Thank You. Praise You. It’s been a long time coming. Thank You for Your work in making us honest. Open. And willing. To listen. And learn.


Most Holy God, thank You that we have Your Word to lead and guide us. Thank You that just as I begin to consider all You are and do, I‘m reminded of the Truth of John 1:1.


King James Version. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” While acknowledging to knowing the verse, I confess to not fully understanding its depth.


Illustrated Bible Handbook teaches, “John launches us back before Creation to introduce Jesus. Jesus is ‘the Word’: God Himself, who existed before the beginning (1:1). The title focuses our attention on Jesus as the One through whom God has always expressed Himself (Luke 10:22; John 14:9).”


Wanting to learn even more about listening, I dig deeper into Your Word. Hebrews 1:1-3. The importance of getting to know Jesus. Your ultimate Word!


Searching about learning to listen, I find what to do when mistakes are made. Own them! Forgive self and move forward. Show grace. To self and others. Celebrate that we can learn more from our mistakes than our successes.


God, You are so very good! Thank You.


Going back to examine Samuel’s experience of learning to listen to You (1 Samuel 3:1-10) I grow excited as I read. I want to know You well enough for my reply to echo his. “Speak, your servant is listening” (v.10).


Continue Your mighty work in each of us Dear Lord. Teaching us to listen. To You. Your leading. And to one another.


Thank You for Your presence in our lives. I love, need, trust and want to follow You as You lead. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(360 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment