Friday, September 2, 2022

Look to God

 Friday, September 2, 2022 (6:04 a.m.)

Holy God,


I confess to having emotions running all over the place. Thank You that even [especially] here I get to look to You. Mm, yes. Look to God (Psalm 43:5).


I’ve been noticing the low spirits I keep bumping into. Thank You that I get to bring them to You. A sadness here. Frustration there. Moodiness. Discouragement. Judgments. And then? Bundling them up and bringing them to You.


Oh listen! A song… ♪I cast all my cares upon You. I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet. And anytime that I don’t know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon You♪ Mm, yes! Psalm 55:22; 1 Peter 5:7.


Thank You Father. You know all the cares and emotions of my heart. I bring them to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7) Your leading and guiding. Your companionship. Your presence.


Mm, yes. ♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be over come by Your presence, Lord♪


The Message (Psalm 43:5) poses the questions and the solution to our emotions. “Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God - soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God.”


You DO put a smile on my face! You ARE my God! Thank You. Praise You.


The Life Recovery Bible comment for this psalm reminds us to look to You, “our only dependable source of strength and encouragement. As we turn our life over to Him and seek His wisdom and strength, we will find the help we need.”


The more I read Dear Lord, the more I smile. Thank You!


“We must learn, as the psalmist did, to find strength by reading God’s Word and allowing Him to restore our joy.” I believe this to be true. Thank You Father.


Use me, and all the various emotions I am feeling, to Your good and to You glory. You are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious. I love You. I need, want and trust You. Do all You know is best. In. With. By. Through. And for me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(391 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment