Tuesday, September 20, 2022

LOVE!

 3:33 a.m.

♪Groovy Kind of Love♪

♪This is Dedicated to the One I Love♪

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 The Message

Monday, September 19, 2022 (4:11 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed God,


Thank You for Your love! Your love for us. Ours for You. And one another. Mm, yes. Thank You!

(6:26 a.m.)

♪I Call Your Name♪


Holy God,


There was more [VERY unexpected] sleep. Thank You.


Yes. Thank You for all You do on our behalf.


You reminded me yesterday of the importance  of being honest, open and willing with You. I confessed feeling overwhelmed and in great need of guidance. Assistance. Once again, You provided.


You have continued Your work in changing my heart. Allowing me to reach out. Asking for what I needed. Reminding me to be loving and kind. Respectful.


You, Dear God, are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Kind. Perfect. And I appreciate You. Admire. Accept. And adapt my ways to Yours.


Interesting that in all these years of practicing those four A’s with my attitude toward respecting my husband, this is the first time I’ve applied it toward You. Thank You Dearest God for the many ways You work in us.


Take this morning’s soundtrack for example. Waking to ♪We’ve got a Groovy Kind of Love♪ was perfect. Smiling as I walked now the hall, BAM! ♪This is Dedicated to the One I Love♪ seemingly came out of nowhere.


Thank You Father. In both instances I offered the songs up to You.


Thank You for the opportunity to readily share 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 with a much loved one last night. And again this morning in The Message’s paraphrase.


How desperately I need to be reminded of the apostle Paul’s description of what love truly is. As well as what it is not.


Thank You too for his prayer for the Philippian believers (Philippians 1:9). All these years later I am blessed by his encouragement for them. Personalizing it I ask that our love will flourish. That we would “learn to love appropriately.” Using our heads, testing our feelings so that our “love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush.” I want to “live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.”


Yes! This is what I want and ask (Matthew 7:7) of You. Do all You must that I will live this day in with, by, through and for You. I love You. I need, trust and want to do Your will. Make me obedient to Your way. Thank You Dear Lord. Praise You. Amen.

(458 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment