Monday, September 26, 2022

looking for Jesus

 Monday, September 26, 2022 (4:53 a.m.)

Holy Blessed God,


Thank You. Again. Still. Continuously. Thank You.


There’s a song singing within. I almost have it. And then? It’s gone again. Maybe it’s Disney? Pocahontas? Moana?


Looking. Searching. Not finding. Haven’t asked. Reversing. U-turning. Bringing the day back to Your feet Dear Lord. Smiling. Thinking. Wanting to praise and glorify You.


Yes Dear Lord, in whatever way You want know is best. Let Your name be praised. When I’m going to be looking this hard for some elusive thing, let it be You I seek!

(6:43 a.m.)

Searching. Reading. And soon I was back to sleep.


Lord, how I thank You. Again.


I put my eyes on You. Learning of conversions [the apostle Paul and Bilquis Sheikh]. Directed to Deuteronomy 4:29 and Proverbs 8:17 repeatedly. And the next thing I knew, the song.


Moana! Not sure why. Looking to You for direction. ♪How Far I’ll Go♪


Blessed God, I love You. I confess to feeling scattered. All over the place. And it still comes back to looking for You. Your Son. Your Holy Spirit.


As Moses urged Israel to obey (Deuteronomy 4:1-12), warned against idolatry (vs. 13-31) and reminded that There Is Only One God (32-42) I ask You to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for us. Father, You absolutely know all that is best.


Turning to Proverbs 8:17 the intensity of the music in my head increases. Reading of Your love for us, I stand firm on the Truth that “Those who search will surely find me.”


Praise You God! Taking a liberty with the lyrics that insist on being heard I give them worshipfully to You.


♪I’ve been staring at the edge of the water Long as I can remember, never knowing why I wish I could be the perfect daughter But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try Every turn I take, every trail I track Every path I make, every road leads back To the place I know where I cannot go Where I long to be♪


Father God, I give You my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use me as You alone know is best. I long to follow You as I continue looking for Jesus in this day.


Thank You for all You are. And all You do. Lead, guide, embolden and enable me in living this day as You would have me.


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(439 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment