Monday, September 26, 2022

"Taste and see"

 Sunday, September 25, 2022 (6:00 a.m.)

Holy God,


A word stuck out at me last night. Savor. I knew right then that I want to experience savoring You.

(7:16 a.m.)


This may very well be a first. Searching with You until the verse (Psalm 34:8) finally solidified with me. Not distracted by other things. Seeking to find where You would guide me. Truly savoring Your Word until it rang true for me.


(8:12 a.m.)

Pause for necessary maintenance. Return to learn more.


Illustrated Bible Handbook. “Psalm 34. Protection granted at a time when David acted unwisely stimulated this teaching psalm on the benefits of relationship with God.” I confess to feeling comforted every time I’m reminded that Bible heroes acted unwisely.


Thank You God. You underlie all our choices. Follow You? Or not.

(9:37 a.m.)

Lots of interruptions. And returns to savoring You.


Holy God, how truly I thank You for the kindnesses You provide us. Psalm 34:8. “Taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed is the person who goes to Him for safety” (New International Reader’s Version).


Thank You for the song that came to mind last night at the reading of the one word. Savor. Followed immediately by the internal music of ♪Sabor a Mí♪ [Taste of Me].


In all the years of humming, singing and dancing to this one song, I have never addressed YOU as the overall Taste we are savoring. Thank You Father for fresh thoughts accompanying Your Truth.


I do want to continue tasting and seeing that You are good. Use me this day in reflecting Your goodness to others. I love You. Thank You. Amen.


(284 words ~ 9:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment