Tuesday, September 20, 2022

decisions nonetheless

 Sunday, September 18, 2022 (6:33 a.m.)

Holy God,


We are home. Safe. Sound. Grateful.


Thank You Lord. Thank You for fun. Connectedness. Safe travels. Opportunity. And Truth. Your Truth!


Yes Lord. We’re home. Safe. And I still feel scared. Of almost everything. Sights. Sounds. My own shadow. The unknown. All the what ifs.


Blessed God. I look to You. Confessing fear. Knowing that I want to live this day unafraid. How? Starting by being honest, open and willing with You.


I feel entirely out of my depth. In over my head. We have decisions to make. Not life or death. Decisions nonetheless.

(7:42 a.m.)


Thank You. Entering a search of the word nonetheless with Your name, I am blessed in finding smiles of hope coupled with Scriptures declaring Your might and strength (Psalm 24:8).


Mm, yes Father. Your might. Your strength. And now I’m singing. ♪There is one God, He is Holy There is one Lord over everything There is one King, He is Jesus King of Glory, strong and mighty♪


How did I get here? A site describing Your names. The most recent introducing me to Jehovah Gibbor Milchamah. “The Lord Mighty in Battle.”


As I continue reading I find that in Psalm 12, King David cried out to You concerning the disappearance of the faithful. Why? Because we take battles into our own hands.


“Spiritual battles, however need more than our hands, intellects, and battle plans if they are to see victory. Instead, we need to trust in Jehovah Gibbor Milchamah, the great, powerful and mighty warrior who has already defeated satan. Often, when we try to fight battles in our own strength, we make a bigger mess of things, contribute to the wrongs, and then feel as if we failed.”


Hello! How true is this of me? Thank You for this wonderful reminder not to leave the fight. I am instead to ‘call Jehovah Gibbor Milchamah to lead the battle and be my commander in chief, then we understand that the battle is the Lord’s and our strength comes from Him.’


And here? Phil Wickham’s ♪Battle Belongs♪ Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


♪When all I see is the battle You see my victory When all I see is the mountain You see a mountain moved And as I walk through the shadow Your love surrounds me There’s nothing to fear now For I am safe with You So when I fight I’ll fight on my knees With my hands lifted high Oh God the battle belongs to You And every fear I lay at Your feet I’ll sing through the night Oh God the battle belongs to You♪


Mm, yes! Empower me in remembering that every single aspect of my being is in Your control. You truly ARE “The Lord Mighty In Battle” [Jehovah Gibbor Milchamah].


You have me. My wild thoughts. All our concerns and challenges.


Lord God, thank You for the hope and Truth we find in Your Word. Turning to 2 Chronicles 20 we’re reminded that You are bigger than any troubles we face. We get to hand our worries, fears and problems over to You. Standing firm on Your promises.


Oh thank and praise You dearest Lord! I have fallen back into the habit of not taking care of business. Procrastination. Putting off til tomorrow…


The Life Recovery Bible has comments for 2 Chronicles 20:6-9, 20:15 and 20:17. Each reminding us that You are in charge! On our side. Able. Our part? Give up control. Trust You.


“… the Spirit of the LORD came upon one of the men standing there [saying]… ‘Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD’s victory. He is with you… Do not be afraid or discouraged… for the LORD is with you!’” (2 Chronicles 20:15-17).


I give my battle to You this day Dearest God. I can’t win. You can. I’ll let You! Do all You must to Your good and Your glory. I need You. I want You. I trust You. I love You. Humble me that I will serve as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(700 words ~ 9:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment