Tuesday, May 31, 2022

remembering to ask

 Tuesday, May 31, 2022 (6:36 a.m.)

Blessed God, 


Thank You.

(7:52 a.m.)

Yes. Thank You.


You bless us.

(8:14 a.m.)


All this time later and I’m remembering to ask.


I heard a phrase on television last night that made me think of You. A woman referenced loving extravagantly. Abundantly. I recognized it immediately as a Bible verse. Of sorts.


Attempting repeatedly to find it on my own I am unsuccessful. Thinking to ask others, I remembered to bring it to You first.


Father, YOU know the verse I am seeking. You are completely aware of where You would have me look. Whether I find it or not is completely up to You. I look to You Dear Lord, asking You to lead and guide me to where You’d have me.


I woke up singing ♪You are for me Not against me I am Who You Say I Am… I’m a child of God Yes I am♪ Believing this to be absolutely true I rejoice in the freedom You provide.


In writing to the believers in Ephesus the apostle Paul wanted to strengthen their relationship with You and one another. I enter myself into this mix Dear Lord.


The comment for Ephesians 3:14-21 in The Life Recovery Bible tells us that in order ‘to function effectively [we] must be driven by [Your] dynamic and unlimited love.’ Seems extravagant and abundant to me!


“Paul prayed that his friend might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God’s love.” Yes Lord. I want this as well.


He prayed ‘that from Your glorious, unlimited resources You would empower Your people with inner strength through Your Spirit’ (v. 16). “Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down deep into God’s love and keep you strong” (17).


“And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God” (18-19).


I heard it said yesterday that things don’t happen TO us, they happen FOR us. That’s where the song above started singing ♪You are for me Not against me♪ I want to live this day as You would have me.


“Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen” (20-21).


Yes please Lord. Your mighty power at work in me. I love You. I need and want You. There’s still that yet to be identified verse off in Your Word somewhere. Thank You for reminding me to ask. You!


We have not because we ask not (James 4:2c). I’m asking You to show me what I am unable to find on my own. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(523 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment