Wednesday, June 1, 2022

"in good conscience"

 Wednesday, June 1, 2022 (7:13 a.m.)

Holy God,

(7:35 a.m.)


I’ve been using the phrase “in good conscience” for days now. Lord, I want very much to live every moment of each day in good conscience. Being honest. Just. With respectable motives.


This is where I confess the thought of fudging on a health related issue. My desire to be transparent is colliding headlong as I consider hedging a particular question.


I’m asking You to intervene as I think in advance of the hairs I’m contemplating splitting. Wanting to be honest, open and willing, I’m truly unsure what the line is that I’m considering crossing.


I look to You Dear Lord. I recognize this dance I’m doing in my mind. Erring on the side of caution in one instance, while throwing it to the wind in another. Empower me to do what You know is right.


I want to not worry or be afraid (1 Peter 3:14c) of health related outcomes. I want to honor and worship Christ as Lord of my life (v 15a). I want to keep my conscience clear (16b). “Remember[ing], it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, then to suffer for doing wrong!” (17).


Isn’t this perfect? Right next to the section I’m reading in The Life Recovery Bible is the devotional “Honesty READ 1 PETER 3:10-17 Lying can become a way of life.” Is what I’m considering actually lying? Is this avoidance of a certain question my own attempt to color the outcome in my favor?


Oh, You’re good Dear Lord! Right after reading, “Only when we stop lying can God begin to bring blessing and change into our life” comes the next paragraph. Three sections of Scripture, each detailing the importance of truth telling.


Psalm 34:12-13

1 Peter 3:10

Colossians 3:9-10


Work in me Blessed God. I want to trust You. Forsaking my own attempt to manipulate my own desired outcome.


I love You Lord. I need and want You. Make me obedient to the letter of Your Word. In all good conscience I want to represent You. Do all You must. In. With. By. Through. And for me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(380 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment