Friday, May 27, 2022

"home no matter where I am"

 Wednesday, May 25, 2022 (8:05 a.m.)

Ensenada Harbor

Holy God,


Thank You! I read the crossword clue “reside” and immediately knew the answer. Dwell.


Many times I’ve had it used on me in a negative way. As in, “Stop dwelling on that.” This morning I quickly thought instead of me dwelling in You. What a comforting, hopeful Truth that is. Thank You Lord. 


Reading about dwelling with You, I am referred to verses in Your Word. Psalm 27:4 and John 15:1-17 especially. The more I read, the more I want to dwell with You.


Immediately I’m singing again. ♪And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known♪ Thank You that You walk with me. And talk with me. No matter where in the world we are.


Being reminded that You are everywhere. Always present. I came across this rendering, “God’s presence can feel concentrated in a place where we ‘humble ourselves, and pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways’ as mentioned in 2 Chronicles 7. Water is all throughout the air, but when it is condensed, it can form a pool. When we dwell with God, it is an invitation to come into that pool. A deep, warm, reinvigorating, grace-filled pool.” YES! That’s a word picture I can fully embrace.


Thank You Father for the many ways we can experience dwelling with You. A different e-article calls it “a life-giving connection” to You. Reminding that with “no connection, there is no life, no abundance, no fruit.” Amen!


I’m grateful to be reminded that “Because He’s always with me, I’m home no matter where I am.” Thank You God for being such a good, good Father.


Use me this day. Exactly as You alone knows is best. Loving You. Others. And myself. In. With. By. Through. And for You.


I love You. I want to serve You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(331 words ~ 9:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment