Friday, May 20, 2022

singing again

 Friday, May 20, 2022 (7:05 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. I woke up singing again. That hasn’t happened in awhile. Thank You, Lord.


It [♪Ring of Fire♪] wasn’t the song [♪The End of the Innocence♪] I had planned to explore with You. I’m asking You to guide me to Your Truth in them both.


Thank You that I get to come before You with questions. And wonders. Associations. Always seeking Your Truth on the matter!


Johnny Cash sang of love as ♪a burning thing [that] makes a fiery ring…♪ I much prefer the apostle Paul’s description to the believers in Corinth.


The smile on my face reflects the peace in my heart and soul at this very moment. Choosing to turn in Your Word; asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) Your guidance, I come to this description regarding First Corinthians.


“Despite the difficulties we face, God understands our struggle. That is why He has given us His Word, His power, and His people; they are all available to help us take one step at a time” (The Life Recovery Bible).


Lord God, thank You for bringing me to You. While recognizing myself so quickly yesterday in the lyrics of ♪The End of the Innocence♪ I could have easily collapsed in it’s sadness. Oh! But You, Dear Lord, provided me the hope of Psalm 23.


While actively listening to the lyrics ♪Oh, but I know a place where we can go Still untouched by men Sit and watch the clouds roll by And the tall grass waves in the wind You can lay your head back on the ground And let your hair fall all around me Offer up your best defense But this is the end This is the end of the innocence♪ my mind went immediately to the green pastures [grassy meadows] of Psalm 23:2. Thank You Father.


Thank You for Your Word of Truth and promises. Thank You for the opportunity to confess my own belief in the ♪”happily ever after” [that] fails And [having] been poisoned by these fairy tales♪ It’s when we return to actively seeking Your guidance that we are again reminded of Jesus’ words to His followers.


“I have told you all this [what was to come] so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” Oh, amen. Amen to Your Truth Dear Lord.


Here I ask You to lead and guide me in living Your Word this day. Lord I want to love as Paul’s words describe. Patient. Kind. Not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Not demanding my own way. Not irritable. Keeping no record of being wronged. Not rejoicing about injustice. Rejoicing instead whenever Truth wins out. Never giving up. Never losing faith. Always hopeful. Enduring through every circumstance (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).


That is an absolutely tall order. One I cannot possibly accomplish on my own. What to do? Oh! Sing a different song.


♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence Lord♪ Mm, yes!


Keep me singing again Dear Lord. Your Truth. Your promises. I love You. I need You. I want You. Do all You must that I will glorify and enjoy You this day and forever. Thank You. Praise You. Amen!

(577 words ~ 8:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment