Monday, May 23, 2022

the simplest conversation

 Monday, May 23, 2022 (6:51 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I come to You asking that You would organize my thoughts. There has been a lot of singing: ♪Long Time Gone♪ And words: Blessed. Toowayhon.


But You know what? I’d rather talk with You about the wisdom of an eight year old. A kid that often expresses himself much better than I. One who sees things differently and much more clearly than many.


Father, thank You for the lessons I get to learn from his questions. And observations. Thank You for his curiosity. And tenacity. Exhausting as it all can be.


The simplest conversation yesterday led to a question. Then much pondering. Thank You Lord, that You are teaching me to listen much, speak little and not to become angry (James 1:19).


How best can we really do this? By staying present.


Asked why I married his beloved Papa, I listened intently to both his questions and his understanding of my answers. Thank You God for the readiness of being honest, open and willing to share truth with this extremely astute young man.


“Was it because he was so funny? Because he made you laugh?” Another line of thinking yielded, “Was it because he was so good looking?”


Giving much thought to my answer I realized it was simply because, “he kept telling me he loved me.” Not leaving it at face value, he dug deeper. Really peeling into that onion.


Asking if the relationship went back to high school, he didn’t hesitate at calling me out on unseemly behaviors. Thank You God! I have so very much to learn from the simplest conversations.


Use me today in sharing Your Truth with others. I want to love as You would have me (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You for who and all You are.


I love You. I want to serve You well. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(318 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment