Saturday, May 14, 2022

every good gift

 Saturday, May 14, 2022 (6:25 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Something just shifted. I’m not sure what it was. Suddenly I realized I was again willing to praise You. Thank You Lord.


Circumstances threw me for another loop. The sadness and concerns of others became a part of my demeanor. Father, I am asking for Your much better way.


Turning again to Your promises presented by Isaiah, I am once more reminded of Your words to him. “‘My thoughts are completely different from yours,’ says the LORD. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts’” (Isaiah 55:8-9).


I confess to losing sight of Your omniscience. You ARE good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Always. Thank You Lord. Praise You Father.


There’s another song I can’t find. I keep looking. To no avail. ♪Still I will praise Him [or You]♪ Do what You know is best here Lord. Provide it. Or not. You know best.


I want very much to trust You in all things Lord. Leaning into, depending on You with my thoughts, words and deeds.


Thank You for reminding me ♪There is no shadow of turning with Thee♪ [Great Is Thy Faithfulness]. What does this phrase even mean, Lord?


James 1:17. New Testament for Everyone. “Every good gift, every perfect gift, comes down from above, from the Father of lights. His steady light doesn’t vary. It doesn’t change and produce shadows.”


And will You just look at this! Right when I was ready to admit my tendency toward doom and gloom, my eyes fell on verse 2.


“Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything” (vs. 2-4).


Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment at the bottom of the page, again I rejoice in You! “1:2-4 … Seeing our trials as building blocks to God’s work in our life, however, may help us change our negative attitude toward tough times. We can have joy during these trials because through them we learn patience, an essential ingredient for successful recovery.”


I forget. I get lazy. You do not. There is no shadow of turning with You.


Continue Your work in me Blessed God. Empowering and enabling me to see every good gift You are providing. We don’t see the big picture. You know exactly all You’re doing. I want to trust You at Your Word.


Work all these things together for Your good (Romans 8:28) Dear Lord. I love You. I need and want You. Do all You must to Your good and perfect end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(493 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment