Sunday, May 22, 2022

differently

 Sunday, May 22, 2022 (6:43 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the challenges. And the differences. The hopes. And the dreams. Talk with me this day about the things You would have me do differently.


I confess to often being set in my ways. Expecting certain behaviors. And results. I’m learning to appreciate the surprises You have for us. Keep me looking for and finding You in them all.


I love You Lord. How I thank You for “the confident expectation” (Illustrated Bible Handbook 2 Corinthians Chapter 5. Motivation) we have of “transformation toward Christlikeness” because of “the new covenant promises.”


Thank You Lord that just by searching the word “differently” my heart opens wide to Your guidance. “So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know Him now!” (2 Corinthians 5:16). How true is Your Word, Dear Lord. Thank You. Praise You.


Reading the emboldened titles of surrounding chapters, my hope is huge in the Truth of Your Word. CHAPTER 4  Treasure in Fragile Clay Jars. Self-Perception (2 Corinthians 5:12-21).


Promises of the new life we experience in Jesus and the power of Your Holy Spirit breed even more hope into my soul. Your gift of reconciliation to us is one we are to share freely with one another. Stay paramount in my very being this day.


I love You. I want to serve You. Differently than I have in the past. Live in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly love You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31) as You would have me.


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(293 words ~ 7:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment