Sunday, May 22, 2022

unwavering faith

 Saturday, May 21, 2022 (7:23 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You Lord. You have reintroduced me to a verse (Luke 1:45) I long to take to heart.


Christian Standard Bible. “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill what He has spoken to her!” Zechariah’s wife Elizabeth’s words to her relative Mary.


Reading the various versions of this one [and its surrounding] verse I know I want the unwavering faith of these two women.


Beginning at verse 39 in J.B. Phillips New Testament we see that “With little delay Mary got ready and hurried off to the hillside town…” How rare is it that I do anything “with little delay”?


“When Elisabeth heard her greeting, the unborn child stirred inside her and she herself was filled with the Holy Spirit, and cried out, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is your child!’” (v. 41).


Father God, again I confess to wanting the steadfast faith exhibited by these women. “Why, as soon as your greeting reached my ears, the child within me jumped for joy! Oh, how happy is the woman who believes in God, for He does make His promises to Her come true” (vs. 44-45).


Work in, with, by, through and for me this day dear Lord. I want to serve and represent You well. Trusting and believing Your promises as I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment