Friday, December 31, 2021

blessing counting

 Friday, December 31, 2021 (6:36 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Blessed God,


Another year is coming to an end. Thank You Father for the numerous blessings You have provided us. Do all You must in teaching me to not only count them, but to use them appropriately.

(8:26 a.m.)


I’m here again. Still wanting to honor and glorify You. Not only for the blessings You’ve provided, but for Who and all You are.


Thank You God that when I begin my blessing counting, I start with You. Your goodness. Grace. Gloriousness. And greatness. Your faithfulness which endures forever.


Yes! Right here I borrow from a two verse psalm [117] of praise. “O praise the Lord, all you nations! Praise Him, all you people! For His mercy and loving-kindness are great toward us, and the truth and faithfulness of the Lord endure forever. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)” (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).


And here from The Message. “Praise GOD, everybody! Applaud GOD, all people! His love has taken over our lives; GOD’s faithful ways are eternal. Hallelujah!”


At this year’s end I want very much to take our praise and applauding of You into the new year Lord. Teach us even more how best to bring You our worship, praise and applause.


Just as I was thinking I had no song to sing to You this morning, one began. Looking into its origin, again I learn more. Thank You Father.


♪Praise God from Whom all blessings flow Praise Him, all creatures here below Praise Him above, ye heavenly host Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost Amen♪ Yes! Known to many as ♪Doxology♪ I appreciate reading details about it.


Words were written in1674 and not readily allowed to be sung in church services. The melody was from a 1551 hymn. And the name “doxology” comes from two Greek words: doxa - meaning glory, and logos - meaning “speaking”.


Holy Father God, I long to speak [and sing!] glory to You! You bless us far beyond our own ability to fully comprehend all You have provided us.


Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will come to truly “count it all joy” (James 1:2). You know all You are doing. I want to learn to trust and thank You more readily than I have in the past.


I love You Lord. I ask You to use me to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(418 words ~ 9:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment