Wednesday, December 15, 2021

glee

 Wednesday, December 15, 2021 (5:36 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Psalm 118:24. ♪…This is the day that the Lord has made… We will rejoice and be glad in it♪ What a Truth to wake up singing. Thank You God.


Taking this verse to the translations. And what a find. Start to finish, what a psalm.


Contemporary English Version. Verses 1 and 29. “Tell the LORD how thankful you are, because He is kind and always merciful.” Mm, yes. Thank You God that You are.


Reading this “praise psalm” of “Glorious Thanksgiving” in The Passion Translation I come away with such excitement. Beginning with the same two verses.


“Keep on giving thanks to God, for He is so good! His constant, tender love lasts forever!” Repeated much the same in verses 2-4, verse 5 rings especially true for me.


“Out of my deep anguish and pain I prayed, and God, You helped me as a father. You came to my rescue and broke open the way into a beautiful and broad place.”


Thank You God. Here we have the opportunity to give You the praise You so rightly deserve. Presenting verse 24 differently than I know it.


“This is the very day of the Lord that brings gladness and joy, filling our hearts with glee.” While being familiar with gladness and joy, glee is relatively new to me.


Father, I long to take You and Your goodness into this day with me. Experiencing the great delight You have set for each of us.


Teach me to apply verses 27 and 28 to my life I ask. “For the Lord our God has brought us His glory-light. I offer Him my life in joyous sacrifice. Tied tightly to Your altar, I will bring You praise. For You are the God of my life and I lift You high, exalting You to the highest place.”


Hmm. Glee. Delight. Merriment. Celebrating YOU Dear Lord. Make it so. In, with, by, through and for me. This IS the day that You have made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.


I love You Lord. Thank You for Your presence. And Your gifts. Use us as You know is best. Praise You. Celebrate You. With glee! Amen.


(376 words ~ 6:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment