Friday, December 10, 2021

hope deferred

Friday, December 10, 2021 (6:50 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. The sky is gorgeous outside.


Trouble sleeping yielded me a brand new acronym. “RATS!” (Readily Adore The Savior!) Yes. A disappointment was met with a non-obscenity. Thank You God!


You are at work in me.

(8:00 a.m.)

Yes You are!


Father, I am confessing a moment of undecidedness to You. Asking that You use it to help me grow. Especially when missed opportunities occur.


Thank You for helping me realize just now that what I experienced earlier wasn’t a mistake as much as it was a missed opportunity. Thank You for the strength You are building within me at this very moment.


Confessing my insecurities to You moves them into the light. Thank You God. Thank You that nothing is too small or trivial to take to You.


When I don’t know what to do in any given situation I am not only allowed, I am invited to bring it all to You.

(9:08 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Taking an initial disappointment of my own deferred plans straight into Your Word allows me to witness such hopefulness in others.


Exodus 32 - Your people got restless in the waiting

Genesis 15 - Abram, Sarai and Hagar

1 Samuel - Hannah

Habakkuk 2:3

Isaiah 30:18


Searching a Crosswalk devotion about Proverbs 13:12 I find myself wanting to know You even more Dear Lord.


“During times of waiting, we either grow in faith or in bitterness. It is most advantageous to be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act (Psalm 37:7). In this way, our faith grows, and peace plants itself within our hearts. But if we nurse our anger and disappointment with feelings of this-isn’t-fair, bitterness will grow in our hearts and minds.”


Use me this day exactly as YOU have planned. Leading, guiding, directing me on the path that You have set.


I love You Lord. I want to serve You. And I ask You to make it so. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment