Tuesday, December 7, 2021

PEACE!

 Tuesday December 7, 2012 (7:47 a.m.)

Thank You God,

(8:06 a.m.)

Mm. Yes. Thank You God.


Thank You that my waking thought this morning was of peace. Your peace. Your peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7). Your peace that is represented this second week of Advent.


“His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7b Living Bible).


My second attempt at sleep much earlier was guided by the Truth of verse six. ”Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers.”


Mm, yes! Right there. Another direction to thank You. And I do. Wholeheartedly.


Thank You that You are more aware than I when my thanks are offered by rote. Automatically. Mechanically. Mindlessly. Thank You for the times I actually FEEL the thanks welling up within.


Just like earlier. Upon reawakening. PEACE! I was actually experiencing Your peace. Just as promised in the first half of verse 7. “If you do this [thank You], you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.”


I trust You God. As hard as it is to turn my mind off from endless worries and concerns, what peace is found when the thanks is pure.


Lord, there are multiple travel plans currently in the works. I confess the various aspects of fear I have surrounding them. Thank You that I get to look to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Wanting Your divine protection over every detail and outcome.


I come to You fully believing You to be in control of it all. I trust You to know and do all that is best. 


Illustrated Bible Handbook tells of the False Pride merchants of James' day exhibited. Because we don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow (James 4:14), it’s imperative for us “to acknowledge God as sovereign in men’s affairs.”


In doing so we get to experience Your peace. Thank You God.


Work in us. Be with us. Do all You know is Your best for us. We love You. We need You. We worship and adore You. Thank You. Praise You. Use us. Amen.


(363 words ~ 9:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment