Wednesday, December 8, 2021

awash with emotion

 Wednesday, December 8, 2021 (5:15 a.m.)

Thank You God!


Sleep happened. Easily. Deeply. And continuously. Thank You.


Yes, Father. Thank You that I even get to bring my questions about the importance of sleep to You. Your Word. And be blessed in the process.


And just like that [SNAP!] I’m covered with chills. There are tears in my eyes. And an absolute lightness to my spirit.


Lord, You’ve done this every single morning starting on Sunday. Something strikes my memory. Then hits my heart. And the next thing I know I’m awash with emotion.


Thank You God. You’ve got us. No matter the circumstance. Our answer is You. Thank You.


Searching the internet for the “Biblical importance of sleep” I find many sites. Affirmations of its importance. And Your having created our bodies' need for it.


Continuing the scroll down the window/tab I read the first referenced verse (Psalm 56:3) about sleep and am immediately singing. You do that in me Lord. Stop me dead in my tracks with a song.


This time? A gloriously easy find of Lauren Daigle’s ♪Trust in You♪ The simplicity of the musical arrangement coupled with her haunting vocal abilities has me wide open in my worship of You. Thank You Blessed God.


Thank You for the talent of others. Thank You for Your love of and for each and every single one of us. Thank You for designing our bodies with the need of sleep. That we would come to the end of each day willing to surrender all control to You.


Mm. Here’s a smile to go along with the surety of Your place in our comings and goings.


Thank You God for the readiness of my heart to immediately sing out upon reading “Psalm 56:3. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Thank You for the ease with which I found the lyrics.


♪Letting go of every single dream I lay each one down at Your feet Every moment of my wandering Never changes what You see I’ve tried to win this war I confess My hands are weary I need Your rest♪


Oh yes Dearest Lord. We need Your rest!


♪Mighty Warrior, King of the fight No matter what I face, You’re by my side When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!♪


Lord God, thank You for Your Truth! ♪You know what tomorrow brings There’s not a day ahead You have not seem So, in all things be my life and breath I want what You want Lord and nothing less♪


You provide our every need. And just like that [SNAP! again] I’m singing another song of hope. While thinking of being completely awash with emotion because of Your love I find my wording inaccurate in the song search.


♪As Your love, in wave after wave Crashes [not “washes”] over me, crashes over me For You are for us You are not against us Champion of Heaven You made a way for all to enter in Cause You Make Me Brave You make me brave You call me out beyond the shore into the waves…♪


Thank You God that we have the Truth of Your Word on which to stand. To prepare us for proclaiming Your greatness (Psalm 145:6). And goodness (7a). Singing as we go. Completely awash with emotion.


We love You Lord. Use us as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(6:12 words ~ 6:56 a.m.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment