Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Mary's gratefulness

Thursday, December 16, 2021 (6:42 a.m.)


(8:11 a.m. MST)

Sailing south toward Cabo San Lucas, MX

Holy God,


Thank You. You provide our needs. And a lot of our wants. Thank You. Yes, Lord. Let’s explore my gratefulness shall we?


And just like that [snap!] I’m reading of Mary’s gratefulness instead. Luke 1:46-47, 49 (New International Version). “And Mary said: ‘My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,’”.


What would it be like to have that kind of faith and trust in You, dear Lord? Unlike Zechariah who questioned and doubted the angel Gabriel’s announcement of John’s upcoming birth (Luke 1:11-20) she questioned, (v. 34) was willing and accepted whatever You wanted (38).


That’s the kind of faith I want and need Dearest Father. To be able to sing praise, thanksgiving and rejoicing regardless of the circumstance. To trust that You and Your plans for us are good. No matter what.


She knew You Lord. Well enough to trust You. Wholeheartedly.


And with all this? A song. Thank You God. Teach me more. ♪Mary, Did You Know?♪  


No comments:

Post a Comment