Friday, December 31, 2021

emotions

 Wednesday, December 29, 2021 (8:03 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Emotions, Lord.


You blessed us with them. Strong. Intense. And often out of our control. I’m asking You to teach me more in Your fine art of using all these feelings to Your good and for Your glory.


My heart, soul, mind and strength are each fueled by Your goodness and Your grace. I depend on Your instruction in learning to love You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31) with all You so generously provide.


This Advent and Christmas season has been like none before. Cherished family traditions have been fondly remembered, lovingly discussed and purposely not put into practice this year.


Our collective goal? Make way for something new.


And with that carefully crafted intention came many of the pitfalls related to experiencing the unknown. Thank You Father. Every single time I feel myself falling off the rails, I get to bring all my emotions straight to You.


Even this practice is often easier at certain times than others. Through Your loving provisions to each of us we get to continue coming to You. Again. And again. Ad-infinitum.


Earlier this year, You presented me the opportunity to explore Proverbs 29:25. “Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the LORD means safety.” Thank You God for Your teaching Truth!


This morning it’s verse 11. Jubilee Bible 2000 “The fool gives full rein to his spirit, but the wise man in the end will bring it to rest.” I long to be wise, Lord.


Do all You must in bringing me to truly love and accept myself exactly as You created me, Father. You know Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11). You know Your best.


Psalm 139:14


No comments:

Post a Comment