Saturday, December 11, 2021

The Perfect Gift

 Saturday, December 11, 2021 (5:09 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


You blessed us yesterday. In so many ways. Changed plans. An unexpected visit. A perfect gift.


Oh yes Dear Lord. Reviewing the events of the day I see the gift of Your blessings at every turn. Thank You God.


Smiles. Air hugs. An opportunity to share our love for dear neighbors now married 60 years. Gifts, Lord. Your perfect gifts.


While experiencing various degrees of unsettledness there were also moments tempered with absolute confidence. Thank You God.


Choosing to see these occurrences as Your blessings and gifts designed especially for me gives me strength. Allowing me to stand firm in the peace and hope these first two weeks of Advent represent.


Your Son came into this world as Your Perfect Gift to us (John 3:16). While we can’t possibly thank You enough for all You have given us in Jesus, we can share Him with others. Freely. Generously.


Lord God, I love You. I approach You with my hands and heart wide open. Asking that You fill them with exactly what You know is needed and best.


Father God, You are so great. Good. Glorious. And gracious. I want to represent You well this day. Giving as only You can empower and enable me to give.


And right here? A song.


♪”Freely, Freely you have received; Freely, Freely give. Go in my name and because you believe, Others will know that I live”♪ (Matthew 10:8).


Yes, please Lord. During this time of preparing our hearts and homes for The Perfect Gift that is Jesus, embolden me in giving Your Perfect Gift to others.


I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to do all in me that I am unable on my own. Praise You, Lord. Amen.

(299 words ~ 6:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment