Sunday, December 5, 2021

The Glory of Love

 Sunday, December 5, 2021 (4:47 a.m.)

Thank You, God.


That is NOT what came out of my mouth first yesterday. Neither was it forgiveness. Nor faithfulness. No. I went straight for other far less desirable words.


I allowed circumstances to color my demeanor. Which in turn actually made me meaner!


Thank You God, that You have something far better for us than anger and frustration! Illustrated Bible Handbook refers to it in Colossians as “Chapter 3. Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life”. How truly do I thank You God!


Remembering to change my outburst came much more quickly than in the past. The smile and peace I am experiencing at this very moment comes from deep within. Thank You God.


It’s You. Your Truth. Your promises. Again from Illustrated Bible HandbookThe Glory of Love; 3:5-14.” Yes Father. You invite us to live in the glory of Your love. Thank You. Praise You.


The Passion Translation (vs. 7-9). “That’s how you once behaved, characterized by your evil deeds. But now it’s time to eliminate them from your lives once and for all - anger, fits of rage, all forms of hatred, cursing, filthy speech, and lying. Lay aside your old Adam-self with its masquerade and disguise.”


I confess my switch to saying “thank You” was far from heartfelt. It was not what I wanted to do. And I did it anyway. Thank You for leading, guiding, directing and empowering me to obedience.


The overall change in my attitude came on slowly at first. With each step toward Your Way of doing things, the greater the relief in my being. Thank You God!


Use me today. Exactly as You know is best. Laying down my old self. To Your good and Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.


(305 words ~ 6:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment