Sunday, December 26, 2021

2nd Day

 Sunday, December 26, 2021 (6:12 a.m.)

Holy God,


Today is known by many as the second day of Christmas. I confess to You Lord, I didn’t do well with the first at all.


Hurt feelings. Angry voices. Differing opinions. Miscommunications all the way around!


Forgive us Father (Luke 23:34). We truly didn’t know the full extent of what our pride and bitterness was doing to one another. And ourselves!


Here we have a brand new day. Filled with Your faithfulness. And Your mercies which begin afresh each day (Lamentations 3:23). Teach us to truly treasure this time we have to spend with one another. Not wasting a moment of it on anything less than Your generous gift of Jesus.


Again I ask You to forgive me. And just like that [snap!] I have tears in my eyes as I sing ♪Sweet Little Jesus Boy… we didn’t know who You was♪ The tears roll freely as I read the origin of the song, seeking repeatedly for Your forgiveness.


I missed Your message to me again and again. Even with the Truth of Your birth right there in front of me.


♪You done told us how, we is a tryin’! Master, You done done show’d us how, even when You was dyin’. Just seem like we can’t do right, Look how we treated You. But please, Sir, forgive us, Lord - We didn’t know ’twas You.♪


I didn’t honor You yesterday Lord. Practically thumbing my nose at Your sacrifice. 


It is Your mercy and Your grace I am seeking this day. Explained in a comment for Lamentations “3:21-26 … God, in His mercy and grace, will help us overcome our setbacks and gain a new perspective on life when we ask Him” (The Life Recovery Bible).


This is me asking Lord. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Just like You’ve taught us to.


Another comment. Same Bible. Different book. Luke “23:32-34 Jesus forgave those who nailed Him to the cross… As we accept His forgiveness, we are freed to forgive those who have sinned against us. Christ helps us release our bitterness and resentment, which only imprisons us. His forgiveness empowers us to be forgiving people - forgiving ourself and those who have hurt us.”


Amen, Dearest Lord! Amen. Amen. Amen! Do all You must to make Your loving forgiveness so in us. Amen. Amen!

(398 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment