Wednesday, December 1, 2021

a blessing of great magnitude

 Wednesday, December 1, 2021 (5:05 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,


I love You. I thank You. Repeatedly.

(5:26 a.m.)

And here I ask You to expand Your work in me.


Learning to thank You in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18) has been a blessing of great magnitude. Now I confess my ignorance and ask You to teach me even more.


Ephesians 5:20 (New International Reader’s Version) tells us “Always give thanks to God the Father for everything. Give thanks to Him in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”


My question to You? How do I do this? Help me learn to follow Your Word Dear Lord. Making the most of the time You have given us.


Mm. Beginning at verses 1 and 2 in The Message I ask You to work mightily in me. “Wake Up from Your Sleep Watch what God does, and then do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn’t love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that.”


Yes please! I want to live and love like that. ♪Freely, Freely♪ giving because we’ve received and believe that You live.


Thinking I was going to pick and choose a verse or two about Living in the Light (1-14) and by the Spirit’s Power I find I want to Iive it all while “Filled with the Spirit as ‘children of the light’ (8)” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Work in me this day. “No more stumbling around” (8d, The Message). Not wasting time on useless work (11). Waking up from my sleep, climbing out of my coffin (14). Watching my step. Using my head (15). Making the most of every chance I get for “These are desperate times!” (16).


Lord, I want to not live carelessly, unthinkingly. Making sure I understand what You want (17). Not drinking too much wine and cheapening my life. Drinking instead of Your Spirit (18).


Blessed Father God, I truly want to sing songs from my heart to Christ (19). “Sing[ing] praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ” (20).

(9:09 a.m.)


Several phone calls later and I am still asking You to train me to “Always use the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to thank God the Father for everything” (Contemporary English Version). Thank You for the love involved in each one of those conversations.


Be glorified in, with, by, through and for me this day. Thanking and praising God through Jesus as I go. Fill me full with Your Holy Spirit. Use me as only You know is best. I love You. Amen.

(482 words ~ 9:17 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment