Monday, December 6, 2021

letting my words be few

 Monday, December 6, 2021 (5:14 a.m.)


Thank You God. Thank You God. Thank You God.


That’s what I woke up saying just now. Thank You for Your presence in our lives (Psalm16:11). Thank You for Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11). Thank You for Your goodness (Psalm 100:5). Thank You for Your Word of Truth and promises. Thank You for Jesus, who came into this world to save it (John 3:17).


Holy God, thank You that everything we think we can bring before You. Hurts. Hope. Fears. Hearts. Wholeness. Brokenness. There is no end to Your faithfulness (Psalm 118:1, 24).


(6:01 a.m.)

Hmm. Father.

(6:18 a.m.)


Thank You for the directions our thoughts take us. Thank You that we can bring those thoughts to You. All of them. Asking You to lead and guide us in righting those thoughts and attitudes. Aligning them with Your Truth. Your will. Your way.


Mm, yes, Lord. A reminder came to me through the notes of a song just now. ♪Let My Words Be Few♪ “You ARE God in heaven and here I am on earth… The simplest of all love songs I want to bring to You So I’ll let my words be few Jesus, I am so in love with You♪


Yes! I am.


Work in, with, by, through and for me this day. Thanking and praising You as I go.


Oh and look at this! Having sung much earlier about entering Your gates with thanksgiving in my heart and Your courts with praise I turn to Psalm 100:4 in The Message.


A new to me reading of this favored verse. “Enter with the password: ‘Thank you!’ Make yourself at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him.”


Make myself at home? Talking praise? Yes please.


And our time together just keeps getting better! Ecclesiastes 5:1-2. The Voice.


Teacher: Watch your step when you enter the house of God. Be ready to listen quietly rather than rushing in to offer up a sacrifice to foolish people, for they have no idea that what they do is evil. God knows what is on the inside. Words and actions are not always necessary. Do not be too hasty to speak your mind before God or too quick to make promises you won’t keep, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore, watch your tongue; let your words be few.”


Yes most Holy One. Let my words be few. And my heart full of Your loving kindness. Forgive the mistakes I am bound to make today. Lead, guide, empower and enable me in letting my words be few.


I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(448 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment