Friday, December 3, 2021

reminded again

 Friday, December 3, 2021 (5:19 a.m.)

Holy God and Father,


You reminded me again. And I have the smile to prove it. Thank You God.


Yes. That’s exactly what it was.


A bit of overwhelm had started to set in. I was aware of some frustration and was deciding how best to address it. Thank You that You brought me back to the importance of thanking You in all things.

(6:50 a.m.)

Again the smile!


“Thank You, God” comes far more easily at certain times. Thank You for reminding me. As often as it takes.


I get to sit here. With peace like a river flowing over me (Isaiah 48:18). And the hint of a song begins to take hold.


Oh and it just keeps getting better and better. Thank You, God. Thank You, God. Thank You, God!


Turning here and there in Your Word of Truth and promises I truly am rejoicing. An internet reminder to “choose joy” takes me to James 1:2-4 in The Voice.


“Don’t run from tests and hardships, brothers and sisters. As difficult as they are, you will ultimately find joy in them; if you embrace them, your faith will blossom under pressure and teach you true patience as you endure. And true patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line - mature, complete, and wanting nothing.”


That honestly happened within me when I choose not to try to fix how I was feeling. Choosing instead to say, “Thank You, God.”


Whatever the song about peace being like a river leads me to Philippians 4:7. While reading and believing I move one line up to verse 6.


“Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done” (New Living Translation). 


Thank You God that Your Word is True! “If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (7).


That is absolutely what happened for me yesterday Dearest God. I got out of Your way. Allowing You to work in, with, by, through and for me. Thank You for reminding me. Praise You for Your unending patience with us.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. I want to serve You as You so rightly deserve. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


And just as I’m finishing up to move on to breakfast, You provide me the song! Phil Wickham's ♪Spring Up O Well♪ Talk about a smile! Thank You God.


♪I’ve got a river of life flowing out of me Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see, Opens prison doors, sets the captive free. I’ve got a river of life flowing out of me. Spring up, O well, within my soul. Spring up, O well, and make me whole♪


You did this in me Lord! By reminding me again to say “Thank You.” Yes. Indeed. Thank You!

(516 words  ~ 7:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment