Saturday, December 12, 2020

always available

 Saturday, December 12, 2020 (3:08 a.m.)

Holy God,


It’s really early. Thank You that You are always available. Mm, yes. Always available.


Thank You too that I get to turn to Your Word. Seeking and finding affirmation of Your presence. And Your promises.


Psalm 16. (A special psalm by David.) The Best Choice (Contemporary English Version). The Golden Secret A precious song, engraved in gold, by King David (The Passion Translation).

(4:48 a.m.)

Lord God, how I thank You for the extra time to explore various translations.

(5:32 a.m.)


Yes Lord. All these hours spent watching nature programs on TV. Marveling at the wonderment of Your creation. Thank You Father.


I go back and forth. Watching and reading. Reading and watching some more. Absorbing. Sitting up straighter. Learning. Truly awed with delight. This one psalm. Checking all the boxes. Each verse beckoning me on to the next.


David knew You to be mighty. His place of safety. He called You his Maker. Mediator. Master. Fully aware that “Any good thing You find in me comes from You” (v. 2b). Oh Amen, Dear Lord!


Reading. Considering. Declaring. “Lord, I have chosen You alone as my inheritance. You are my prize, my pleasure, and my portion” (v. 5a). Following this absolute Truth with my own echo of what I view as David’s genuinely challenging desire. “I leave my destiny and its timing in Your hands” (5b).


It’s easy enough to say Dear Lord. The challenge for me is in actually leaving it all with You.


Beginning my quoting of David’s song to You at verse six, I savor the vision his words provide. “Your pleasant path leads me to pleasant places. I’m overwhelmed by the privileges that come with following You, for You have given me the best!” Yes, Lord!


“The way You counsel and correct me makes me praise You more, for Your whispers in the night give me wisdom ,showing me what to do next” (7). It is on Your Truth I long to stand.


“Because You are close to me and always available, my confidence will never be shaken, for I experience Your wrap-around presence every moment” (8). Such faith and trust, Dear God.


“My heart and soul explode with joy - full of glory! Even my body will rest confident and secure” (9). Your Word, O Lord. Your Truth. Your promises. Your presence. Always available.


Do all You must in each of this day that we would truly live every moment with the certainty that You are indeed in control of all. We love You Lord. We need You. And we are absolutely in awe of all You are.


Thank You Lord. Embolden, empower, enable and use me. Exactly as You know is best. I love You. Amen.

(466 words ~ 6:34 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment