Thursday, December 17, 2020

Your Word

 Thursday, December 17, 2020 (4:38 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,


There is so very much on our minds. So many needs. Genuine needs, not just wants.


Hospitalizations. Deaths. Potential financial and governmental ruin. Chaos. Crisis. Confusion. And Your Word!


Yes Lord. Your Word. Your glorious, healing, Life-giving Word. Praise You Father.


Yes! Praise, thank, worship and adore You!


“For we have the living Word of God, which is full of energy, and it pierces more sharply than a two-edged sword. It will even penetrate to the very core of our being where soul and spirit, bone and marrow meet! It interprets and reveals the true thoughts and secret motives of our hearts. There is not one person who can hide their thoughts from God, for nothing that we do remains a secret, and nothing created is concealed, but everything is exposed and defenseless before His eyes, to whom we must render an account” (Hebrews 4:12-13).


What good would it ever do for me to pretend my way through any day? You know my thoughts already.


A footnote for The Passion Translation tells us, “Soul and spirit are the immaterial parts of every person that makes us who we are, joint and marrow are the physical aspects of our existence. All of this combined forms our humanity. God’s Word has the ability to uncover our hidden aspects and make them known.” Again I say, “Thank You God!”


Because You know us, we get to choose to be honest. Real. Vulnerable.


I woke up thinking about gifts. Your gifts to us. Being free to be ourselves in Your presence is absolutely something to be treasured. Valued. Held dear. Thank You Father.


Earlier I found myself reading in The Message (Joshua 1:5-9). And thanking You for the reminders You provide us there. Reminders of Your presence in all our matters.


“I’ll be with you. I won’t give up on you; I won’t leave you. Strength! Courage! …Don’t get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you’re going. And don’t for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you’ll get where you’re going; then you’ll succeed. Haven’t I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. GOD, your God, is with you every step you take.”


Right here Lord, I confess the fear that keeps me bound. Fear of making a mistake. Catching a lethal virus. Not being or doing enough for Your Kingdom. I am asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for Your strength. The courage that comes from knowing and trusting You.


Keep reminding me Blessed Lord, that You truly are with me every step I take. I love You God. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will live this day honestly, openly and willingly as Your child.

(6:31 a.m.)


Oh look! I just wandered off. Completely leaving this open-ended. Maybe that is my best way to start off this morning. Just asking that You and I go off together. Me holding onto Your right hand as You guide and direct my steps. Yes. Let’s try that shall we? You lead. I’ll follow. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(563 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment