Wednesday, December 16, 2020

truly knowing and trusting God

 Wednesday, December 16, 2020 (6:17 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You that we get to be this personal with You. Mm, yes. You know us. And we in turn are provided opportunities to know You. Thank You God. Thank You.


Guide my reading and my thinking this day I pray Dear Lord. It is my desire to truly know and trust You.

(7:51 a.m.)


Oh yes Dearest God. Trust. Belief. Hope and faith in Your love, mercy and grace. Use us Father.

(8:38 a.m.)


Lord God, how deeply I thank You for Your continual invitations for us to come to You.


Illustrated Bible Handbook titles a section of Your Word (1 Peter 1:7-9) as The Purpose of Trials. This under the heading Chapter 1:3-12. Our Living Hope. Oh yes Blessed God. You truly are our living hope! Thank You!


Searching to know You better I turn to a hymn I don’t know at all ♪Like a River Glorious♪ It’s associated with Isaiah 48:18. The third verse expresses so much about You.


♪Ev’ry joy or trial Falleth from above, Traced upon our dial By the sun [SON!] of love; We may trust Him fully All for us to do - They who trust Him wholly Find Him wholly true.♪


Oh Dearest Lord! Theses verses from Isaiah (48:17-18)! “The LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, says: I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is good and leads you along the paths you should follow. Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling like waves.” Mm, yes God!


And it just keeps getting better! Reading The Life Recovery Bible comments, my head nods in agreement. “48:12-17 Amidst the uncertainties and turmoils of life, we can derive comfort from knowing who God is.”


Why do we get to know You? Because You bid us “Come.” So many different verses remind of Your invitations to Your people. Thank You Lord.


John 5:39-40 tell of Jewish leaders who knew Your Scriptures backwards and forwards, but didn’t know You. How I ask to know You better.


Empower me in living this day as described in 1 Peter 1:8-9. “You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him, you trust Him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your rewards for trusting Him will be the salvation of your souls.” Oh, yes please!


Reading a psalm by Asaph (73) I recognize myself. “Truly God is good…(v. 1). But as for me, I came so close to the edge of the cliff! My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness (2, 3).”


Lord, I continue to be amazed when I relate so closely to what was written so many millennia ago. Your Word of Truth is exactly that. TRUTH! Thank You Lord.


Seeing myself so vividly in verses 21-23, I cling all the more tightly to You. “Then I realized how bitter I had become, how pained I had been by all I had seen. I was foolish and arrogant - I must have seemed like a senseless animal to You. Yet I still belong to You; You are holding my right hand.”


As I continue through to the end of this psalm I ask You Father to remain the strength of my heart (v. 26). Keep me near to You (v. 28a). “I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.”


Yes please Lord. I long to truly know and trust You as You so perfectly designed. Do all You must to Your glorious end.


I love You. I need You. And so importantly I trust You. Use me Dear Lord. As You alone know is best! Thank You. Amen.


(676 words ~ 9:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment